The Service Navigator program provides an information, advice and referral service for individuals and families affected by the 2021 flood event in southwest Queensland, helping them to link with extraordinary flood specific support options (Resilient Homes Fund and Structural Assistance Grants) and local support services to assist their disaster recovery.
Where required the Service Navigator can provide targeted case coordination &/or management to households who have applied for a Resilient Homes Fund (RHF) grant or a Community Recovery Structural Assistance Grant (SAG) assisting with understanding reports, interactions with licensed tradespeople, Council, and relevant Government bodies.
The Servicer Navigator does not provide therapeutic &/or clinical counselling.
What’s happening right now?
- Service Navigator is in Inglewood Mondays and Wednesdays 9am – 12pm, based at Inglewood Community Health Service, cnr Albert St & Princess St. Available outside of these times by appointment.
- Registrations of interest for the Resilient Homes Fund closed on Sunday, 30 July 2023, more than a year after they opened to support homeowners affected by the 2021-22 flooding events.
This project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
Document Folders available in Inglewood District & Texas
As part of a special project Care Goondiwindi has designed these bright orange PVC Document Folders. The aim is to get people thinking about their Emergency Evacuation Plans and what they might need to help aid their recovery after an event.
The Get Ready Queensland program prompts Queenslanders to enhance their preparedness for any emergency or natural disaster by drawing their attention to three key areas: * Understand your risk, * Make a plan, * Pack a kit.
These folders provide a useful tool to help you make your plan. There are four sections printed on the folders:
- Folder Owner contact details – For you to write your name and contact number
- Emergency Contact Numbers – (E.G. – Police, SES, Ergon Energy, Council)
- Ideas of what to put in the folder – (E.G. – Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence, Insurance papers, work qualifications)
- Prompt for other important phone numbers – (E.G. – Family, Friends, Neighbours, Work, Healthcare Providers)
Where can I collect my folder?
People who live in the Inglewood district or Texas can collect a folder from the following locations.
- Inglewood Library
- Inglewood Post Office
- TADDS HUB – Texas & District Drought Support
- Care Goondiwindi Office in Goondiwindi